Athena Software Careers
Athena Software is a growing company that provides web-based case management software to health and social service agencies around the world, with employees now based in four countries.
Our employees are located mostly in Waterloo, but also in California, Australia and New Zealand.
Our product is a unique, flexible and comprehensive solution for social service agencies, and this spirit is also reflected in our company culture of innovation, collaboration, and commitment to community.
If you’re someone who likes to do their part for the environment, then you’ll be at home at Athena.
We are one of the original pledging partners at Sustainable Waterloo Region, and are currently a Gold Pledging Partner in their Regional Carbon Initiative.
One of our co-founders is on the board of directors at Sustainable WR, and our entire staff participates in yearly eco-friendly events like the Commuter Challenge and the Carbon Cleanse.
We are also friends with the United Way of Kitchener-Waterloo and Area, and have a company fundraiser each year for the organization, while our staff members also have the chance to volunteer at a local social services agency as part of the annual United Way Day of Caring.
At Athena, we promote a team atmosphere, and like to have a good time together whenever possible.
Staff fun days are held throughout the year, and each Friday a catered lunch is provided for all staff to get together and catch up.
We’re not going to lie to you - we don’t have a rollercoaster in the office, and you won’t have your own personal chef, but what you’ll get is a welcoming, relaxed and inclusive atmosphere where you can make friends, have fun, and get lots of work done, too.
Speaking of work, we believe very strongly in fostering a true work / life balance.
Here’s a promise - you will not be expected to live at the office, or work until midnight or on weekends.
In fact, we’ll kinda be upset if you do.
Sure, there may be projects every now and then that require you to work longer hours for a short period of time, but we offer lieu time so that you can get that time back.
Our company is owned and run by people with families - we know how important it is to spend time away from the office, and we hope you feel the same way.
We also have comprehensive health and dental benefits, including coverage for your family.
But don’t take our word for it, either apply to a position below, learn more about who we are, or reach out and ask to speak to one of us!
Current Job Openings
Penelope Excellence Practitioner (Business Analyst) - Australia-Pacific
As Penelope Excellence Practitioner, under the Director, Global Services and Regional Manager, Australia & Asia-Pacific, you are responsible for managing complex software implementations of the Penelope case management software for clients all across the Australia and Asia-Pacific region.
You relish identifying unique and innovative solutions in challenging situations, all the while providing exceptional process and project documentation for your stakeholders.
Penelope is a powerful, integrated case management solution. You will transform the way our clients engage with their own, how they work collaboratively, and demonstrate outcomes.
Using the Penelope Excellence Pathways approach, you will deliver a comprehensive, end-to-end solution designed to provide maximum benefit, while meeting the specific implementation, project management, configuration, and change management requirements of our clients.
What You'll Do
- You will become a subject matter expert in Penelope, how it can be used by clients to support their business processes, and the system administration required to deliver best practice Penelope
- You will develop a strong understanding of the high quality and comprehensive Penelope Excellence Pathways methodologies, including the initial deployment of Penelope, software upgrades, and online end-user training
- You will make significant contributions to the evolution of the Penelope Excellence Pathways methodologies
- You will inspire and nurture client relationships ensuring appropriate attention to business analysis and change management needs
Who You Are
- With a University degree in computer science, business analysis, business administration, or equivalent, you are a dynamic professional coming from a background in CRM software deployment, health, or the social services sector
- You have a storied Business Analysis background (and will speak to your successes!)
- You possess exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- You can demonstrate your experience and mastery of modelling and mapping business processes using proven methodologies and models
- You thrive in troubleshooting business process changes, errors, and modifications
- You live by a dedicated customer service philosophy
- You enjoy public speaking and making presentations, and are comfortable communicating in both technical and user-oriented language
- You are comfortable delivering services face-to-face or online using online conferencing tools
Above all, you constantly strive to improve your knowledge and abilities so that you may provide the optimal solution for Athena’s stakeholders.
- As Athena is a global company, business travel to client sites and to meet with Athena colleagues will be required
- A dedicated Home Office, and propensity to work (physically) alone is a requirement
- Melbourne-based is preferred but not mandatory
- Occasional work online conferencing with clients and colleagues across time zones will be required
Does the above sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter here.
Athena Software provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other prohibited grounds.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.