Software as a Service (SaaS)
Athena's SaaS hosting service allows you to focus on your core business, while reducing risk and saving money by outsourcing your data hosting, application management, data protection, and most of your disaster recovery needs to a provider trusted by organizations around the world - us!
We have implemented a comprehensive set of measures and safeguards that provide the highest degree of security to protect your data from unauthorized access and catastrophic loss, while maximizing uptime and availability.
Athena Software received our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification in June 2016, after our business processes were assessed to meet ISO standards and guidelines with respect to our information security management system.
What is SaaS?
When we talk about SaaS, we mean this - instead of your organization having to purchase licenses, provision servers, build and manage secure facilities, ensure multiple redundancies, perform maintenance, as well as disaster recovery and other complex (and expensive) I.T. tasks required to manage your own software, we take care of all of that for you.
We provide your organization with a web address to access your secure database, so all you and your staff need is an up-to-date web browser!
Benefits of SaaS
- Your data is protected and secure - you always own your data, it never leaves the country where it is securely hosted and we meticulously deploy advanced risk mitigation procedures, policies and technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect against unauthorized access.
- Available on a subscription model - all software and services are available on a subscription model so you only need to pay for what you need at the time - allowing you to scale according to your own timeframe, requirements and budget. With the subscription model, your up-front costs are much lower and spread out over time.
- We take care of security - with the SaaS model, we take care of complex server maintenance, capital costs, hardware, backups, firewalls, updates, etc. - all you need is a recent web browser and an internet connection to securely access your data anywhere you can connect to the web.
- Guaranteed uptime and service level agreements - Athena provides 99.99 per cent uptime guarantees (with generous credits for periods of unplanned downtime if they should occur) as well as clear SLAs that define response times and escalation paths.
- Simple, all-in monthly price - your “all-in” subscription fee includes access to the software, technical support, fixed file storage space, and many other benefits. Custom tailored solution packages can be built to suit your requirements beyond our standard offerings.
Download our SaaS Information Package for more details, or find out more from our blog entries on the subject:
Or fill out the form at the bottom of this page, and one of our evaluation specialists will be in touch to chat about Athena's cloud capabilities or to schedule a time for a free Penelope demo.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. The Collaboration Suite in Penelope enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Software Manager, Relate
The UK's largest relationship counseling agency
Penelope software users since 2008
"In our company we refer to the Penelope Software familiarly as Penny. She is our friend in so many ways! She makes documentation, scheduling, reporting, payroll, invoicing easy! So much time is saved. She is user friendly as well making auditing for accountability and accuracy a breeze. I would recommend the software to anyone."
Owner, Sendero Therapies
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Penelope software users since 2009
"It's powerful out of the box, but can be configured to many different kinds of interaction. Being cloud-based, it makes accessing the records you need easy, whether you're working onsite or off. Athena have managed to evolve the system impressively, and it has more than kept pace with changes in the way we work and use technology."
Information and Support Manager, Headway Ireland
Penelope software users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
Senior Manager, UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide, South Australia
"For the first time our organization has been able to capture better client and partner data that has allowed our multiple departments to work more cohesively. The ease of use of the Smart Documents and Forms has enhanced the way we gather demographic and program information for grants and funding purposes. The launch support and technical support team have been wonderful to work with and respond quickly to our inquiries."
VP of Programs and Services, A Precious Child
"We have used Penelope for a few years now. We are able to log, bill, schedule, remind for appointments. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The customer support couldn't be kinder and more patient.”
Clinical Director, Ventura Counseling Center
"We love Penelope! The reports are easy to understand - especially to non-user stakeholders and our clients. The forms are easy to create and adjust, and the billing / cart system is easy for my staff to use for their billable hours. The support staff are friendly and understanding, and are great with training. I would highly recommend."
VP of Care Coordination, ARC Administrative Services
Hamburg, New York
"It has a ton of user-defined fields that can be set up in any combination that works for your agency. Billing is relatively simple, and creating service units and activities is easy to do. Tech support has been very good over the years and the system is very rarely down. System outage issues just don't exist.”
Clinical Support Admin. Coordinator, Family Conservancy
Kansas City, Missouri
Penelope software users since 2003
"We love Penelope! We find that it is easy to use and also easy to teach others how to use. It is good to be able to collect our data in such an accessible spot!”
Case Manager, ANEW Place