Mental Health Software
Penelope case management software is a web-based, integrated solution designed for the mental health enterprise.
Penelope is an innovative and mobile-friendly mental health software system that's accessible on any browser, with everything you need for billing, scheduling, documentation, and ease of use.
Read our reviews on Capterra to find out what other mental health organizations using Penelope think of our software and customer service!
If you're looking for details on pricing, implementation options or if you'd like to request a free demo of Penelope's innovative mental health billing software features, fill out the form at the top of the page and one of our evaluation specialists will be in touch!
With its ability to effectively integrate the many strands of your mental health practice's client service, financial and administrative operations, Penelope is ideally suited for mental health services providers looking for a comprehensive and integrated case management software solution.
Monitor Your Organization
- Manager / supervisory tools for monitoring workflow, notes / documents (e.g. Treatment Plan, ISP) completion.
- Sign-off and locking feature for session notes and clinical documentation
- Build custom outcomes assessments / scored tools to graphically represent a client's change over time (and use the powerful reporting tools to compare client change amongst different client groups)
- Extensive reporting capabilites allow you to track the custom data you need for internal operational purposes and reporting to stakeholders
- Easily monitor insurance authorizations and coverage limits in real time
- Quality assurance functionality improves accuracy of claims
- Customizable security permission structure allows you to create role-based "need to know" access rights
- Our mental health software provides effective methods for tracking and documenting an extremely broad range of services - including scheduled and non-scheduled events, as well as indirect, anonymous, informal, and residential scheduling, whether billable or non-billable
- Workflow tools such as clinician availability, waitlisting, integrated calendars, referrals management, and alerts help to streamline processes and accelerate client service delivery
- Use Penelope's smart forms, letters, and outcomes assessments to build custom treatment plans, case summaries, reports and progress notes
- Penelope includes targets and actuals reporting for client statistics, budgeting, staff productivity, service provision, and more.
- Penelope's intuitive service structure is perfect for multi-provider teams involving one or more clinicians and even third-party professionals
- No duplicate data entry - integrated scheduling, billing and documentation
Keep the Money Flowing
- Accounts receivables billing package with flexible self-pay and insurance billing, 837P electronic claim generation and CMS-1500 forms
- EOB / Explanation of Benefits for posting / reconciliation of remittance advice
- Built-in error checking to maximize reimbursement rates and turnaround times
Read our case study on Chicago-area counseling and mental health practice Edgewood Clinical Services to learn how Penelope has transformed service delivery and data collection there. Or fill out the form above to find out how Penelope can help your mental health practice today.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. The Collaboration Suite in Penelope enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Software Manager, Relate
The UK's largest relationship counseling agency
Penelope software users since 2008
"In our company we refer to the Penelope Software familiarly as Penny. She is our friend in so many ways! She makes documentation, scheduling, reporting, payroll, invoicing easy! So much time is saved. She is user friendly as well making auditing for accountability and accuracy a breeze. I would recommend the software to anyone."
Owner, Sendero Therapies
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Penelope software users since 2009
"It's powerful out of the box, but can be configured to many different kinds of interaction. Being cloud-based, it makes accessing the records you need easy, whether you're working onsite or off. Athena have managed to evolve the system impressively, and it has more than kept pace with changes in the way we work and use technology."
Information and Support Manager, Headway Ireland
Penelope software users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
Senior Manager, UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide, South Australia
"For the first time our organization has been able to capture better client and partner data that has allowed our multiple departments to work more cohesively. The ease of use of the Smart Documents and Forms has enhanced the way we gather demographic and program information for grants and funding purposes. The launch support and technical support team have been wonderful to work with and respond quickly to our inquiries."
VP of Programs and Services, A Precious Child
"We have used Penelope for a few years now. We are able to log, bill, schedule, remind for appointments. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The customer support couldn't be kinder and more patient.”
Clinical Director, Ventura Counseling Center
"We love Penelope! The reports are easy to understand - especially to non-user stakeholders and our clients. The forms are easy to create and adjust, and the billing / cart system is easy for my staff to use for their billable hours. The support staff are friendly and understanding, and are great with training. I would highly recommend."
VP of Care Coordination, ARC Administrative Services
Hamburg, New York
"It has a ton of user-defined fields that can be set up in any combination that works for your agency. Billing is relatively simple, and creating service units and activities is easy to do. Tech support has been very good over the years and the system is very rarely down. System outage issues just don't exist.”
Clinical Support Admin. Coordinator, Family Conservancy
Kansas City, Missouri
Penelope software users since 2003
"We love Penelope! We find that it is easy to use and also easy to teach others how to use. It is good to be able to collect our data in such an accessible spot!”
Case Manager, ANEW Place