Penelope Disability Services Software
Penelope for disability services provides your agency with a means to not only plan, track and report on service delivery and client goal attainment progress across the organization, but also as a tool for improved quality assurance.
Penelope is a mobile clinical service system that can be used by care workers whether at the agency or in the client’s home, and is accessible on any device with a fully functional web browser, whether staff are using a laptop, a tablet, a smartphone or a desktop.
Check out some recent reviews of our software and deployment process online, or fill out the form at the top of the page to request a free demo.
Benefits of Penelope
Use Penelope to track diagnoses, primary and secondary disabilities, assessments, service plans, scheduling, service provision, billing, referrals, care worker screening, and much more.
Our system is flexible, configurable and secure, with a multitude of features that are critical for agencies providing disability support services.
Chief among these is Engage, a revolutionary new technology exclusive to Penelope that allows your staff and your clients to send and receive messages and documentation within the system via secure links. This means:
- your clients can complete feedback and evaluation forms from home. As soon as they click save, that form is securely stored in Penelope
- clients can initiate two-way discussions with staff that become part of the client record in Penelope
- clients can ask clarifying questions about completing forms and receive responses from staff from within the system
As well, Penelope’s automated workflows and action triggers functionality mean the delivery of forms to be completed by clients can be automated, or staff can be automatically notified when a form is due to be sent.
Just imagine the improvements in quality assurance and verification of services delivered - workflows can be automatically configured to send evaluation forms to a client upon completion of an appointment, these can be filled out by the client and securely stored in the client’s file in Penelope even before the care worker has reached his or her next appointment or returned to the office.
Penelope has many other features that can help your agency. These include:
- Smart Workflows - automate agency processes with Penelope’s smart workflows - for example, if service plans should be reviewed by staff and client every six months, this can be automated in our system, with reminders and notifications to ensure no steps are missed.
- Mobile - not only can care workers access their daily schedule in Penelope when out in the field, they can also resolve appointments (e.g. show, no-show, etc.), complete documentation with the client (with digital signatures), receive notifications, reminders and alerts.
- Smart Forms - create as many custom templates as you need using Penelope’s flexible smart forms - our professional services staff are also available to help you create detailed assessments, outcomes measurement forms and service plans to track client level of functioning, goals, desires, values, needs, support systems, safety issues - the options are literally endless.
- Electronic Signatures - staff and clients alike can sign off on documents using Penelope’s digital signature feature - this can be done with a mouse, a stylus or even your finger, meaning key forms can be signed directly in Penelope even when you are providing service within a client’s home.
- Risk and Safety Notifications - Penelope’s action triggers can also be set up to notify staff via alerts in instances of emergency or critical incidents - these are routed to individual workers or groups of workers as necessary, and Penelope’s SMS / Email notification functionality means those alerts reach staff whether they are logged into the system or not.
- Supervisory Sign Off - action triggers and workflows can also be configured easily to route completed documentation to relevant supervisors for review and approval, with locking and revision control in place for QA and audit trail purposes - as well, supervisors can oversee staff task lists and monitor completion or progress.
Follow Best Practices with Penelope
There are numerous aspects of Penelope's design and feature-set that support global best practices for disability support services.
For example, Penelope's concept of a unified case file with optionally private independent service files assigned to specific staff promotes care coordination, accountability and collaboration while providing a clear picture of how services are being delivered as driven by the client's current ISP / care plan.
Goals from these ISPs can be assigned and updated by responsible parties at the service level as part of their daily progress notes. ISP formulation itself can be assisted via our smart forms that provide conditional pathways based on data entered (e.g. suggesting objectives based on inputted goals, suggesting outcomes / assessments based on issues identified or scores).
In addition, actions / alerts / reminders and other workflows can be automatically triggered based on pre-defined business rules ensuring that practice follows the agency's guidelines and escalations and notifications occur as prescribed.
Helpful Penelope Features
Other features which support best practices include: automated reminders to both staff and clients about upcoming appointments or workflow items to be completed, client digital signature capture, automated audit logging, flexible service unit tracking for tracking multiple services delivered as part of a single encounter or meeting, unit costing, referrals and waitlist management and integrated real-time scheduling.
Penelope also supports the creation of multiple individuals within a single case file and allows for a complete address book of collateral contacts per individual so you can always see at a glance the client's family and social context (and other agency involvement such as GPs, specialists, next of kin, etc.).
Alerts and escalations can also be automatically triggered based on the content of smart forms / surveys / assessments, scores, changes in scores, age and values in practically any field in the system. For example, for medication usage, ISP update dates, deterioration of condition, aging into / out of service and safety concerns, etc.
The smart forms themselves have locking and revision control features that provide quality assurance and auditing compliance. Other best practice features include: searchable staff specializations, configurable permission matrices and superior security design and architecture.
Read our case study on brain injury organization Headway Ireland to learn how Penelope has transformed service delivery and data collection there. Or fill out the form above to schedule a free demo and find out how Penelope can start transforming your disability services organization today.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. The Collaboration Suite in Penelope enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Software Manager, Relate
The UK's largest relationship counseling agency
Penelope software users since 2008
"In our company we refer to the Penelope Software familiarly as Penny. She is our friend in so many ways! She makes documentation, scheduling, reporting, payroll, invoicing easy! So much time is saved. She is user friendly as well making auditing for accountability and accuracy a breeze. I would recommend the software to anyone."
Owner, Sendero Therapies
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Penelope software users since 2009
"It's powerful out of the box, but can be configured to many different kinds of interaction. Being cloud-based, it makes accessing the records you need easy, whether you're working onsite or off. Athena have managed to evolve the system impressively, and it has more than kept pace with changes in the way we work and use technology."
Information and Support Manager, Headway Ireland
Penelope software users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
Senior Manager, UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide, South Australia
"For the first time our organization has been able to capture better client and partner data that has allowed our multiple departments to work more cohesively. The ease of use of the Smart Documents and Forms has enhanced the way we gather demographic and program information for grants and funding purposes. The launch support and technical support team have been wonderful to work with and respond quickly to our inquiries."
VP of Programs and Services, A Precious Child
"We have used Penelope for a few years now. We are able to log, bill, schedule, remind for appointments. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The customer support couldn't be kinder and more patient.”
Clinical Director, Ventura Counseling Center
"We love Penelope! The reports are easy to understand - especially to non-user stakeholders and our clients. The forms are easy to create and adjust, and the billing / cart system is easy for my staff to use for their billable hours. The support staff are friendly and understanding, and are great with training. I would highly recommend."
VP of Care Coordination, ARC Administrative Services
Hamburg, New York
"It has a ton of user-defined fields that can be set up in any combination that works for your agency. Billing is relatively simple, and creating service units and activities is easy to do. Tech support has been very good over the years and the system is very rarely down. System outage issues just don't exist.”
Clinical Support Admin. Coordinator, Family Conservancy
Kansas City, Missouri
Penelope software users since 2003
"We love Penelope! We find that it is easy to use and also easy to teach others how to use. It is good to be able to collect our data in such an accessible spot!”
Case Manager, ANEW Place