Penelope Counseling Software
Penelope case management software is a web-based, flexible and configurable system that enables your counseling services agency to track the data you need for reporting to funders and other stakeholders, all within a secure system that contains innovative collaboration and communications tools.
Penelope counseling software includes scheduling, smart forms, reports, billing, and much more - all the tools you'll need to transition your counseling practice from an outdated or hard-to-use system or from spreadsheets and paper.
Check out our online reviews to find out what our clients say about us, or fill out the form at the top of the page and one of our team will be in touch to schedule a free demo of the software!
10 Ways Penelope Can Help Transform Your Counseling Agency
- Complete client intake and book their first appointment in an intuitive, fluid way - Penelope’s configurable Intake Wizard allows for easy entry of new client information (including inbound referral information and required demographics), while the Service Wizard enrolls the client in service and books the first appointment all in one easy step.
- Penelope’s built-in communications tools include a 'Notify Arrivals' feature that allows your front desk staff to let a counsellor know that their client has arrived, with just one click!
- QuickPay is also an awesome resource for your front desk staff - invoice, record, and apply full self-payment all in one simple step! Checking a client in and out has never been easier.
- Penelope’s centralized scheduling tool also allows staff to record cancelled appointments, freeing up their time on the calendar to re-fill the slot.
- Penelope includes the option to configure automated workflows that send notifications to staff or clients via email or SMS - in short, your staff will no longer have to remember to send clients an appointment reminder - Penelope does it for you! (and lets you know when the client confirms they received the message, too)
- The Engage feature can be used in conjunction with automated workflows to automatically send out initial paperwork to new intakes, follow-up forms after appointments, even client feedback forms after service exit. Keeping up to date with your paperwork has never been so stress-free!
- Penelope’s groups feature means you can create an unlimited number of groups in any service, with ease of scheduling, taking notes, and recording attendance built right in. Finally, a natural way to record group services in your case management system.
- Get intelligence on worker performance with built-in reports tracking case load metrics, appointment statistics, billing information, and much more. Supervisors can pull up and review case notes for a particular worker, and Penelope includes Dr. Scott Miller’s Outcome Rating Scale / Session Rating Scale (ORS / SRS) assessment tool, which is used to track client progress and worker effectiveness.
- Penelope’s Accounts Receivable package means you can track self-pay, Medicaid, and private insurance clients (and EAP and grant contracts), with EDI 837 Professional claims and CMS-1500 form creation built into the system.
- All of this and more (including complete inbound / outbound referrals management, and wait list management) mean Penelope is the comprehensive tool you need to run and grow your counseling agency!
- Read our case study on Chicago-area counseling center Edgewood Clinical Services to learn how Penelope has transformed service delivery and data collection there. Or fill out the form above to request a free demo and find out how Penelope can help your counseling practice today.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. The Collaboration Suite in Penelope enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Software Manager, Relate
The UK's largest relationship counseling agency
Penelope software users since 2008
"In our company we refer to the Penelope Software familiarly as Penny. She is our friend in so many ways! She makes documentation, scheduling, reporting, payroll, invoicing easy! So much time is saved. She is user friendly as well making auditing for accountability and accuracy a breeze. I would recommend the software to anyone."
Owner, Sendero Therapies
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Penelope software users since 2009
"It's powerful out of the box, but can be configured to many different kinds of interaction. Being cloud-based, it makes accessing the records you need easy, whether you're working onsite or off. Athena have managed to evolve the system impressively, and it has more than kept pace with changes in the way we work and use technology."
Information and Support Manager, Headway Ireland
Penelope software users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
Senior Manager, UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide, South Australia
"For the first time our organization has been able to capture better client and partner data that has allowed our multiple departments to work more cohesively. The ease of use of the Smart Documents and Forms has enhanced the way we gather demographic and program information for grants and funding purposes. The launch support and technical support team have been wonderful to work with and respond quickly to our inquiries."
VP of Programs and Services, A Precious Child
"We have used Penelope for a few years now. We are able to log, bill, schedule, remind for appointments. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The customer support couldn't be kinder and more patient.”
Clinical Director, Ventura Counseling Center
"We love Penelope! The reports are easy to understand - especially to non-user stakeholders and our clients. The forms are easy to create and adjust, and the billing / cart system is easy for my staff to use for their billable hours. The support staff are friendly and understanding, and are great with training. I would highly recommend."
VP of Care Coordination, ARC Administrative Services
Hamburg, New York
"It has a ton of user-defined fields that can be set up in any combination that works for your agency. Billing is relatively simple, and creating service units and activities is easy to do. Tech support has been very good over the years and the system is very rarely down. System outage issues just don't exist.”
Clinical Support Admin. Coordinator, Family Conservancy
Kansas City, Missouri
Penelope software users since 2003
"We love Penelope! We find that it is easy to use and also easy to teach others how to use. It is good to be able to collect our data in such an accessible spot!”
Case Manager, ANEW Place