Software for Child and Youth Services
Whether your organization provides outpatient or inpatient care, or both, Penelope is the simple, smart and connected case management software solution for child and youth services. Penelope provides your agency with a secure and configurable solution that allows you to easily:
- track and report on inbound and outbound referrals
- track diagnoses
- create an unlimited list of collateral contacts for each client (e.g. doctor, lawyer, probation / parole officer, next of kin, etc.)
- create and track relevant documentation such as service plans, bio-psychosocial assessments, letters, progress notes, etc.
- log meetings and track service provision using Penelope’s centralized scheduler
- track short- and long-term residential stays
Penelope’s unified case file structure means each client has one unique record that can be attached to one or multiple services over the course of their involvement with your agency, while allowing you to keep all family information in one comprehensive file. In Penelope, a client can be enrolled in multiple service files simultaneously to help keep you organized and to make case review and data retrieval easy.
For example, a child in residential care might have separate service files for:
- referral, assessment and screening phase (which may contain referral information, initial assessments and meetings with the client and / or third parties)
- medical information (nursing logs, medical visits, medication management)
- residential stay (tracking bed nights, food logs, daily schedule, room details)
- case management services (containing service plan, counselling sessions, check-in meetings)
- other services (group sessions, school classes)
Penelope’s built-in reports and flexibility with respect to giving you the tools to create custom reports mean you can get the service utilization stats you need when you need them, whether they be counts of new clients, ongoing clients, closed cases, bed nights, individual demographics, referral source, legal status, number of incidents, and so on. Using Penelope case management software can help increase business intelligence at your organization. Here’s how:
- Penelope’s Collaboration Suite is a one-stop internal communications tool for your staff, that includes the option to use our concept of internal ‘discussions’ to create a living, breathing shift notes log that’s accessible from the inbox of each relevant shift worker and / or supervisor
- Discussions can also be used as a secure, encrypted venue for collaboration between staff, including goal and service planning, or even with clients themselves via our new feature Engage
- Penelope smart forms can be used to create any number of documents, including incident reports, and can be configured with custom flags that are triggered by the response to a particular question
- Penelope’s automated workflows and action triggers can then send alerts and notifications to relevant workers based on these alerts, whether notifying a shift supervisor of an emergency, or prompting a supervisor to sign off on a particular form
- Electronic signatures, document revision locking, and login ID / date / time stamps help ensure data quality, transparency, and regulatory compliance
- As well, Penelope’s attachments feature allows you to upload any kind of files to a client record, including scanned-in documents, video files, photos, and any other kind of file you need.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. Athena's new Collaboration Suite enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Relate, the largest providers of relationship counselling in the United Kingdom
"Our CARF accreditation survey report recognized Headway’s use of electronic medical records with Penelope Case Management Software as a solution that ‘is user-friendly, enhances communication and has valuable data for future research."
Penelope users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide