Software for Child and Youth Services
Whether your organization provides outpatient or inpatient care, or both, Penelope is the simple, smart and connected case management software solution for child and youth services. Penelope provides your agency with a secure and configurable solution that allows you to easily:
- track and report on inbound and outbound referrals
- track diagnoses
- create an unlimited list of collateral contacts for each client (e.g. doctor, lawyer, probation / parole officer, next of kin, etc.)
- create and track relevant documentation such as service plans, bio-psychosocial assessments, letters, progress notes, etc.
- log meetings and track service provision using Penelope’s centralized scheduler
- track short- and long-term residential stays
Penelope’s unified case file structure means each client has one unique record that can be attached to one or multiple services over the course of their involvement with your agency, while allowing you to keep all family information in one comprehensive file. In Penelope, a client can be enrolled in multiple service files simultaneously to help keep you organized and to make case review and data retrieval easy.
For example, a child in residential care might have separate service files for:
- referral, assessment and screening phase (which may contain referral information, initial assessments and meetings with the client and / or third parties)
- medical information (nursing logs, medical visits, medication management)
- residential stay (tracking bed nights, food logs, daily schedule, room details)
- case management services (containing service plan, counselling sessions, check-in meetings)
- other services (group sessions, school classes)
Penelope’s built-in reports and flexibility with respect to giving you the tools to create custom reports mean you can get the service utilization stats you need when you need them, whether they be counts of new clients, ongoing clients, closed cases, bed nights, individual demographics, referral source, legal status, number of incidents, and so on. Using Penelope case management software can help increase business intelligence at your organization. Here’s how:
- Penelope’s Collaboration Suite is a one-stop internal communications tool for your staff, that includes the option to use our concept of internal ‘discussions’ to create a living, breathing shift notes log that’s accessible from the inbox of each relevant shift worker and / or supervisor
- Discussions can also be used as a secure, encrypted venue for collaboration between staff, including goal and service planning, or even with clients themselves via our new feature Engage
- Penelope smart forms can be used to create any number of documents, including incident reports, and can be configured with custom flags that are triggered by the response to a particular question
- Penelope’s automated workflows and action triggers can then send alerts and notifications to relevant workers based on these alerts, whether notifying a shift supervisor of an emergency, or prompting a supervisor to sign off on a particular form
- Electronic signatures, document revision locking, and login ID / date / time stamps help ensure data quality, transparency, and regulatory compliance
- As well, Penelope’s attachments feature allows you to upload any kind of files to a client record, including scanned-in documents, video files, photos, and any other kind of file you need.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. The Collaboration Suite in Penelope enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Software Manager, Relate
The UK's largest relationship counseling agency
Penelope software users since 2008
"In our company we refer to the Penelope Software familiarly as Penny. She is our friend in so many ways! She makes documentation, scheduling, reporting, payroll, invoicing easy! So much time is saved. She is user friendly as well making auditing for accountability and accuracy a breeze. I would recommend the software to anyone."
Owner, Sendero Therapies
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Penelope software users since 2009
"It's powerful out of the box, but can be configured to many different kinds of interaction. Being cloud-based, it makes accessing the records you need easy, whether you're working onsite or off. Athena have managed to evolve the system impressively, and it has more than kept pace with changes in the way we work and use technology."
Information and Support Manager, Headway Ireland
Penelope software users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
Senior Manager, UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide, South Australia
"For the first time our organization has been able to capture better client and partner data that has allowed our multiple departments to work more cohesively. The ease of use of the Smart Documents and Forms has enhanced the way we gather demographic and program information for grants and funding purposes. The launch support and technical support team have been wonderful to work with and respond quickly to our inquiries."
VP of Programs and Services, A Precious Child
"We have used Penelope for a few years now. We are able to log, bill, schedule, remind for appointments. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The customer support couldn't be kinder and more patient.”
Clinical Director, Ventura Counseling Center
"We love Penelope! The reports are easy to understand - especially to non-user stakeholders and our clients. The forms are easy to create and adjust, and the billing / cart system is easy for my staff to use for their billable hours. The support staff are friendly and understanding, and are great with training. I would highly recommend."
VP of Care Coordination, ARC Administrative Services
Hamburg, New York
"It has a ton of user-defined fields that can be set up in any combination that works for your agency. Billing is relatively simple, and creating service units and activities is easy to do. Tech support has been very good over the years and the system is very rarely down. System outage issues just don't exist.”
Clinical Support Admin. Coordinator, Family Conservancy
Kansas City, Missouri
Penelope software users since 2003
"We love Penelope! We find that it is easy to use and also easy to teach others how to use. It is good to be able to collect our data in such an accessible spot!”
Case Manager, ANEW Place