Case Management Software
Penelope case management software includes innovative features designed to effectively manage health, community, and social service organizations with secure mobility, administrative efficiency, and quality-assured care in mind.
Feature highlights include advanced workflow automation, configurable smart forms, outcomes assessments, scheduling, direct client engagement, accounts receivables billing, and innovative collaboration tools, to name a few.
Find out what our clients think of Penelope by checking out some reviews of our software and customer service on Capterra, or request a free demo of Penelope for your organization by filling out the form at the top of the page!
All of this is included within a single, centrally-managed, and configurable case management software system, which means:
- You no longer need multiple systems
- You can track all the data elements you need inside one simple, smart and connected database
- You get standardized, consistent reporting across multiple services
- You can take advantage of Penelope’s custom access, security, and permissions structure to limit staff access to confidential data on a role-based or need-to-know basis
- Your staff can use Penelope’s Collaboration Suite for encrypted communications and collaboration on client files and service delivery
Penelope features that are critical to your agency’s success include:
- Smart Forms - in Penelope, you can create an unlimited number of custom, flexible smart form templates, whether you need agency-wide or program-specific forms, letters, case notes, progress notes, outcomes assessments, and more. Smart forms features include: auto-population of data already entered in the system to prevent tedious re-typing or duplicate data entry, conditional questions that can show or hide subsequent questions / sections / pages based on the answer provided, electronic signature capability, and an option to flag questions and send alerts to relevant staff depending on how a question is answered, to name a few!
- Smart Workflows - Penelope’s advanced auto-workflow and configurable action trigger capabilities help promote efficiency, improve client responsiveness and experience, while also ensuring adherence to regulatory and accreditation requirements (e.g. risk management) and assisting with service planning and review.
- Agency-Wide and Program-Specific Workflows - use our wide array of action triggers to make sure the right information gets to the right people at the right time, and that critical tasks are done on time. This helps promote accountability, while ensuring data is more complete, accurate and up-to-date. In Penelope, each separate program can have its own workflow, while maintaining consistent workflows and processes for other key agency-wide areas, such as critical incident response, referrals, program entry and exit, case reviews, and so on.
- Unified Case File Structure - one of the key components of Penelope, our unified case file structure means you get a single view of each client within their family structure to assist in case planning and communications, while also promoting transparency and service co-ordination across multiple programs. In Penelope, the case is the hub around which all information and services related to the client revolves.
- Service Units / Cart - Penelope comes with a uniquely flexible way of tracking service delivery in an accurate, easily reportable way - in the system, you can create an unlimited number of service units (with respective units of measure and associated coding, e.g. DSM-V) so that you define the metrics and deliverables you're using to track service delivery. Service units are simply added to a cart in each appointment to track billable and non-billable services alike in a user-friendly, intuitive way.
And these are just the tip of the iceberg. Check out part one of our 63 Case Management Software Essentials (as well as part two!) for some more unique Penelope features, or download our Information Package for more information.
Penelope is available via a rock-solid cloud-based service to minimize risk, ease deployment within your technical infrastructure, and reduce I.T. investment.
Athena’s Global Services team uses proven implementation and change management methodologies to ensure that your organization realizes the maximum benefits from your transition to Penelope.
Our specialized services experts can create business intelligence solutions to add even more value to your Penelope implementation, and our technical support services are always at the ready to help you continue to benefit from Penelope for years to come.
Interested in finding out how Penelope can help transform your organization? Fill out the form at the top of the page today.
What Our Clients Say
"Athena Software is a world leader in case management software. The Collaboration Suite in Penelope enables agencies around the world to connect with clients using smart communication and workflow tools in a way that reflects how our clients live and work. Once again, Athena is setting the standard for global case management software."
Software Manager, Relate
The UK's largest relationship counseling agency
Penelope software users since 2008
"In our company we refer to the Penelope Software familiarly as Penny. She is our friend in so many ways! She makes documentation, scheduling, reporting, payroll, invoicing easy! So much time is saved. She is user friendly as well making auditing for accountability and accuracy a breeze. I would recommend the software to anyone."
Owner, Sendero Therapies
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Penelope software users since 2009
"It's powerful out of the box, but can be configured to many different kinds of interaction. Being cloud-based, it makes accessing the records you need easy, whether you're working onsite or off. Athena have managed to evolve the system impressively, and it has more than kept pace with changes in the way we work and use technology."
Information and Support Manager, Headway Ireland
Penelope software users since 2006
"It has only been two months since ‘Go Live’ and already we have seen profound improvement in some of our processes. We anticipate more positive changes will occur over the next 6-12 months and look forward to the rich data we will shortly begin to extract and analyze. Importantly, we will finally begin to fully map the difference we make in the communities in which we operate."
Dr. Janette Hancock
Senior Manager, UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide, South Australia
"For the first time our organization has been able to capture better client and partner data that has allowed our multiple departments to work more cohesively. The ease of use of the Smart Documents and Forms has enhanced the way we gather demographic and program information for grants and funding purposes. The launch support and technical support team have been wonderful to work with and respond quickly to our inquiries."
VP of Programs and Services, A Precious Child
"We have used Penelope for a few years now. We are able to log, bill, schedule, remind for appointments. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The customer support couldn't be kinder and more patient.”
Clinical Director, Ventura Counseling Center
"We love Penelope! The reports are easy to understand - especially to non-user stakeholders and our clients. The forms are easy to create and adjust, and the billing / cart system is easy for my staff to use for their billable hours. The support staff are friendly and understanding, and are great with training. I would highly recommend."
VP of Care Coordination, ARC Administrative Services
Hamburg, New York
"It has a ton of user-defined fields that can be set up in any combination that works for your agency. Billing is relatively simple, and creating service units and activities is easy to do. Tech support has been very good over the years and the system is very rarely down. System outage issues just don't exist.”
Clinical Support Admin. Coordinator, Family Conservancy
Kansas City, Missouri
Penelope software users since 2003
"We love Penelope! We find that it is easy to use and also easy to teach others how to use. It is good to be able to collect our data in such an accessible spot!”
Case Manager, ANEW Place